In a world where the concept of dreams is foreign, Failing to Fathom follows the story of Rachell Rohara, a college student who one night wakes up in a different reality and has a surreal experience we tend to call dreaming. Visit the city of Splu’jalova where you will meet many unique and/or memorable characters, whom you can build your bonds with any way you like.
The game contains things that are meant to disturb or unease you, but everything is probably a dream after all, so don’t worry.
Thread updated: 2023-05-04
Release Date: 2023-04-14
Developer: TwoHands Discord itch.io Patreon
OS: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android
– 10k words, give or take – 175 images – 2 new characters: A blue haired musical prodigy and a tomboy bodybuilder – New music – A bunch of spelling mistake fixes, changes to the script for clarity – Something Better Known issues:
– The aforementioned breaking of saves – The “bonds” screen might have visual bugs, nothing dangerous, but I am working on a fix for it – My rapidly deteriorating mental health (save me by giving me money)
– 10k words
– 225 images
– 2 new characters: A quirky idol in the making and her mentor
– New music
– Minor fixes and edits to text
– Something special, made for you
What’s up, what’s up!
After a long waiting I present to you Failing to Fathom version 0.2!
This update features new characters, the story thus far from another perspective, character logs, QOL changes and various fixes.
Changelog is as follows:
– Roughly 10k words
– Around 250 images
– 2 New characters
– Character logs for all existing characters
– New music
– Minor fixes to the narrative (mainly stuff to avoid confusion)
Known issues: – With the addition of character logs (which can be accessed through the “Characters” screen from the menu after unlocking them) some may experience missing images and buttons albeit having the requirements already met. The best way to solve this issue is to replay the game (you can press Ctrl on your keyboard to skip already seen dialogue, so this should take a couple minutes tops).
The game contains flashing images that may affect those with epilepsy. Proceed with caution.
This game contains disturbing and/or sensitive themes.
Failing to Fathom is very early in development and is my first attempt at something creative. I have basically no prior experience with writing or game development, so bear with me on this one. Failing to Fathom contains many of my favorite elements from the games I cherish most with my fair share of twists and turns that make it my own. I hope you will give it a try and come along with me on this path of endless bewilderment.
Win/Linux: GOFILE – MEGA – MIXDROP – WORKUPLOAD
Mac: GOFILE – MEGA – MIXDROP – WORKUPLOAD
Android: GOFILE – MEGA – MIXDROP – WORKUPLOAD
Leave a Reply